“THE ART SOCIETY” – A CREATIVE GALLERY SPACE FEATURING ARTWORK AND PERFORMANCES BY LOCAL ARTISTS
Launching June 29th, the three-month rotating gallery will be celebrated by a series of cultural performances, live painting demonstrations, art workshops, and artist meet-and-greets.
Serving a community where art, culture and creativity thrive, Westfield Broward (located at 8000 West Broward Boulevard in Plantation) has partnered with ArtServe to form “The Art Society at Westfield Broward,” a creative space dedicated to exhibiting and selling the work of local artists commission-free.
Artists featured in the exhibit include neo-pop stitching artist Ed King; Jacklyn Laflamme who specializes in acrylic on canvas paintings; Pam Maschal, a mixed media artist who draws inspiration from nature; and Tony Mendoza, a primitive expressionist known for colorful, larger-than-life murals.
To celebrate the launch of The Art Society, Westfield Broward will play host to a series of free public events from June 29 – July 1 featuring everything from local performances to arts and crafts activities, headlined by:
Friday, June 29
- Live Painting with local artist Desiree Kim (12-1pm)
- Family-Friendly “Abstract Angled Patterns” Painting Class with Arts & Crafts Social Club (2-3pm)
- Ketler Macome band playing sounds of the Caribbean (4-5pm)
Saturday, June 30
- KARIZAMA Hip Hop Fusion Dancers (12-1pm)
- Live painting with local artist Jacklyn LaFlamme (2-3pm)
- Guy Michel, Pop Electric Cellist (4-5pm)
Sunday, July 1
- Puppet workshop with puppet master David Goboff from the Puppet Guild (12-1pm)
- Live Caricature Artist, Princess Charming (2-3pm)
- Soul Salaam, Bollywood Interactive Dancers (4-5pm)
For more information on schedule of events, featured artists, and gallery hours, please visit: https://www.westfield.com/broward/entertainment/art-gallery.